You’ve heard about the amazing benefits of coconut oil for your hair and skin. Did you know adding it to your diet can also help with weight loss?
Coconut oil is a healthy saturated fat with Medium Chain Triglycerides, or “MCTs”. This fatty acid does wonders for the body.
1. You will have more energy for exercising after consuming coconut oil. In the book “The Coconut Miracle”, Bruce Fife explains that coconut oil raises your metabolic rate. This increased rate lasts for 24 hours.
2. Coconut oil curbs hunger. Have a spoonful of coconut oil twenty minutes before a meal, and you won’t feel as hungry. You’ll eat less during the day this way.
3. Are you on the keto diet? As a healthy fat, coconut oil is an amazing way to boost your healthy fat intake while losing weight on the keto diet. The MCTs in coconut oil are also great for boosting the ketones you need to stay in a ketogenic state.
4. You’ll burn more calories. Longer-chain fatty acids don’t help you burn calories the way MCTs do.
5. You can replace other fats with coconut oil. Instead of adding calories to your diet by adding coconut oil to it, replace other cooking oils with coconut oil. You can also add a spoon of coconut oil to your coffee instead of cream or use it in place of butter in some meals.