For decades, natural stimulators have made the weight loss journey easier and faster. There is no doubt that eating healthy and exercising play a tremendous role in helping you lose weight. However, incorporating weight loss stimulators such as green tea also contribute to the above tactics. Today, we are going to talk about the benefits of drinking green tea for weight loss.
But First, What is Green Tea and What Makes It a Weight Loss Stimulator?
Tea is the most consumed beverage in the world. All types of tea, except herbal teas, are brewed from dried Camellia sinensis leaves. Green tea, unlike the rest, is one of the less processed types of tea and it’s made from un-oxidized leaves. As a result, it contains beneficial polyphenols and antioxidants.
Antioxidants such as Vitamin C and E boost your body immunity and combats cell-damaging in the body. Other active ingredients present in green tea such as catechins help boost metabolism and weight loss. Drinking a cup or two of green tea in a day, combined with intense workouts and healthy eating can help you get rid of fat in the shortest time possible.
With that in mind; here are the benefits of drinking green tea for weight loss:
1. First and foremost, green tea itself is packed with fewer calories. Therefore, adding it to your meal plan at any time of the day won’t have any effect on your calorie intake.
2. The active ingredient known as catechins found in green tea helps in fat burning and also boosts metabolism which contributes immensely to weight loss.
3. The caffeine present in green tea acts as a stimulant that comes in very handy when working out and going about your daily activities.
4. Green tea also contains an ingredient known as theanine which is an amino acid that helps alleviate stress and anxiety. The calming effects allow you to gain control of your life and diet which ensures a smooth weight-loss period.
5. It improves insulin activity, boosts your body’s metabolic rate and increases fat oxidation.